This Gin And Baileys Cocktail Is The Perfect Autumn Treat
I think we can all agree that there is nothing quite like a cocktail!
They really are a season-friendly drink that you can have with afternoon tea in the spring, on a rooftop terrace in the summer, after a brisk walk in the autumn and as après ski in the winter.
I'm willing to bet that when you saw an article about autumn themed cocktails you automatically assumed there would be pumpkin spice involved. If so, you were right. It's as delicious as it is fashionable and I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be one of those autumn flavours that goes the distance and becomes timeless.
You deserve an indulgent cocktail, you work hard all week and there's nothing more relaxing than laying in a hot bath with one arm draped out the side, cocktail in hand listening to the rain beat on the windows.
Not to say of course you can't quaff this cocktail whilst sat in your favourite hair dye stained pyjamas watching Hollyoaks; it is just that versatile.
So get your cocktail shaker ready and polish your glasses because the magic is about to happen. This is a super simple cocktail recipe (everyone loves uncomplicated deliciousness!) so don't worry, even a novice will succeed.
- 30ml Gin
- 35ml Pumpkin Spice Baileys
- 90ml full fat milk.
- One egg white
- 1tsp icing sugar
- A marshmallow for decoration (optional)
1. Put the egg white in a bowl and beat with a fork until you can see the start of stiff peaks. Imagine you are making meringue but stopping just before you actually get to where you need to be. Now add the sugar and beat for a further minute or two.
2. In your cocktail shaker put the Gin, Baileys and milk and shake it like a Polaroid picture. Seriously, shake until you can shake no more as this will make the cocktail lovely and frothy.
3. Decant the fluid into the cocktail glass and carefully place the beaten egg on top.
4. To add that final touch, take your marshmallow and place into a fire (if you have one) or use a gas stove to toast the edges before popping on top of your drink. If you have neither of these I have seen people use a candle but seriously; dedication!
5. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the perfect autumn cocktail.
Written by Sarah Ryland
All Image Credits: Sarah Ryland