Woman Shows The Danger Of Not Washing Your Makeup Brushes In Viral Post
A woman has shown the danger of not washing your makeup brushes after she contracted cellulitis which could have killed her earlier this month.
Let's be honest, we're all guilty of not washing our makeup brushes as often as we should do but this warning might just encourage you to start immediately.
Katie Wright from Austin, Texas, noticed what she thought was a spot above her eyebrow, and of course like most of us would, she popped it.
when you go viral for being ugly pic.twitter.com/anwVTHGusH- katie :honey_pot: (@katiewright) August 1, 2017
However, an hour after she had given it a squeeze, Katie noticed her whole face had started to swell up and she had an intense pain all over her face.
The 21-year-old rushed to hospital where doctors confirmed that it wasn't a spot, it was a serious case of cellulitis, a version of a staph infection that affects the deep cellular tissue.
Katie believes that the infection was caused by bacteria getting into her eyebrow brush, and the bacteria had got under her skin as she rarely cleaned it.
She was told by doctors that if the infection had been left untreated for much longer it could have spread to her brain or eyes. She could have ended up blinded or even dead.
Katie was prescribed antibiotics and the infection thankfully cleared, but she is now encouraging people to take better care of their make-up bags and wash their tools.
Taking to Twitter, along with two pictures of her face before and 48 hours after squeezing the spot, Katie wrote: "This most likely happened from bacteria getting into my eyebrow pencil brush.
"I'm super strict on washing my face/beauty blender/brushes, but I never thought to disinfect my eyebrow spoolie.
"If you wear makeup please make that a step in your cleaning routine.
"It's a small thing to do to avoid a painful, expensive and traumatising infection on your face."
Featured Image Credit: Pexels