13 Little Signs You've Finally Met The Love Of Your Life
Sometimes it can be difficult to trust yourself when it comes to love. If you've been in a series of bad relationships, or you've deluded yourself about other people, or if you've simply never properly been in love before, and then you meet someone who seems right, it can be difficult to figure out whether it's real love or whether you're just kidding yourself once again.
Battling with the doubt in your mind can be really tough. So to set your mind at ease, we've come up with a few simple signs that it's true love.
1. None of the words seem good enough. - You can say the words 'I love you' to them and mean it, but you secretly wish there was another, even better way to say it. 'I love you' starts to feel like a cliché and you want there to be bigger, better, more awesome words that no one has ever used before.
Image Credit: Tumblr
2. You always give them the biggest slice of cake. - When it's true love you find yourself being self-sacrificing without even thinking about it. If you cut a cake into two slices and one of them is slightly bigger, you'll always give away the bigger piece because they deserve the best, and the best part is that you don't even mind doing it.
3. They make you feel like your best self. - You might feel bad about yourself and put yourself down, and you might do that a lot. But a person who truly loves you will never, ever agree with you no matter how much you might say it. And eventually you start to believe that you could be the person they see.
4. Everyone else starts to pale in comparison. - There are always going to be technically attractive people with symmetrical faces and perfect bodies, but you know your partner is always going to be better. Their face just becomes them in a way that makes them look even more beautiful than the world's greatest supermodels.
5. Your dates and adventures are the best days of your life. - When you look back over the past couple of months, do the moments you shared together stand out? Do you remember how much you smiled and laughed together? Do you wish every day was like that? Well then it's probably love.
6. The thought of losing them freaks you out. - Even thinking about it makes you feel a little bit scared and horrible.
7. The worst day of your life can be fixed with just one of their hugs. - When you feel like the rest of the world is falling apart you know that you can just fold yourself up in their arms and everything will be better. You're not sure how or why things will get better, but they make you feel like everything's going to be alright.
8. You could talk about them for hours. - We're not saying you should go on and on about how much you love your partner, but the mere fact that you would be physically capable of talking about them until the cows come home is what counts.
9. They make you see things differently. - It's totally fine to disagree with your partner and have different interests, but when it's true love you might find yourself thinking 'Hmmm... if the person I love thinks this, perhaps I should reconsider my opinion on it?' You might still disagree with them, but simply being around them is enough to make you consider expanding your horizons.
10. Your sex life is absolutely the best. - You stop any selfish behaviours whatsoever because all you want is for them to have the best time, and they want the same for you, so you both end up being absolutely perfect in bed for each other.
11. Weird little things remind you of them. - You see their favourite colour on a sign and think of them, a car that looks like theirs goes past and you think of them, you smell their favourite food cooking in a restaurant and you think of them. You can't get them out of your head.
12. You find yourself blurting out things you like about them the moment you think them. - 'Your hair looks lovely today!' 'You smile makes me so happy!' 'I can't believe how kind you are sometimes!'
13. You don't just think, you know that they feel exactly the same about you. - Love is a two-way street and it's all about trust. If you can be sure that they feel all these things about you, then it's probably meant to be.
Featured Image Credit: Unsplash