Megan Barton-Hanson Highlights The Importance Of Patch Tests On 'This Morning'
'Love Island'' star Megan Barton-Hanson is famous for her gorgeous blonde locks, but the reality TV star has revealed that when she attempted to dye her hair herself, she suffered a terrifying allergic reaction that left her unable to breathe and meant she was quickly rushed to hospital.
During an appearance on 'This Morning', Megan revealed that the scary reaction happened after she tried to dye her hair darker at home.
She told hosts John Barrowman and Rochelle Humes that after attempting to touch up her roots, it all went downhill.
"By 8 o'clock I had a really sore throat and my face started to swell and I thought maybe I'm getting ill, maybe I'm just run down. I got an early night, woke up at 12 and my hands were really chubby, my face was really swollen and tight," Megan said.
"I woke up again at 5 and literally I could barely open up my eyes."
Megan said the last time she'd ever tried to do a DIY dye was when she was a teenager, and explained that she'd never had a problem before.
"I called my mum and I was like 'Mum, what do I do'," Megan said.
"I said I can't just walk in A&E, if people see me this will be everywhere and we all know how much trolling I've had from my before and after surgery pictures. I thought, this is all I need now, me with a massive moon head."
The reality star said her mum burst into tears when she saw what she looked like, that the doctor immediately called an ambulance and that even her taxi driver was scared by her appearance.
View this post on InstagramThe comeback is always STRONGER than the set back :dizzy: Finally starting to feel a little more human again, I've never been so scared! When the doctor looks at you in shock and says we need to call an ambulance right now, a day before I was due to fly to LA :sweat:Thank you all so much for your well wishes and support it means so much. Meg xx MUA: @makeupjessica Photo: @jodiemorrisphotography13
A post shared by - (@meganbartonhanson_) on
"Even the Uber driver was scared, he was like 'what's happened to your face?'," Megan continued. "I tried to cover it with a scarf and he was like 'what the hell has happened to your face?'"
Megan's appearance on the show was accompanied by hair stylist Paul Percival, who stressed the importance of doing a 48-hour patch test before applying any colour to the hair, whether at home or in a salon, and even if you've dyed your hair many times before.
Featured Image Credit: ITV