28 Things All Harry Potter Super Fans Should Know
The world of Harry Potter is full of magic, excitement and wisdom, and fans are lucky that the Potterverse is always there whenever they need a dose of magic in their lives.
So, call yourself a true Harry Potter fan? Let's see if these pieces of trivia can impress you...
1. Fred and George were born on April Fool's Day. - We find this so fitting for these two jokers.
2. Hayley Joel Osment could have played Harry. - Y'know, the little boy from The Sixth Sense? Somehow, we don't think it would have worked out so well, and can't imagine anyone other than Daniel Radcliffe playing Harry.
3. J.K. Rowling has said that if Voldemort saw a boggart it would embody his own corpse. - This is because death was always his greatest fear.
4. Michael Jackson once approached Rowling about making a musical based on the books, but she turned it down. - This would have been the world's strangest mash-up!
5. Voldemort was 71 years old when he died in the Battle of Hogwarts. - Honestly, he looked SO much older... But I guess that's what happens to you when you make seven horcruxes.
6. Professor Trelawney might have predicted that Harry is a horcrux during a Divination class. - Remember this exchange?
"I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?"
Harry replies, "No, I was born in July."
Harry wasn't born in midwinter, of course. But Voldemort was!
7. Dumbledore is an Old English word for 'bumblebee.' - Rowling said she chose the name because she pictured Dumbledore humming to himself.
8. Winky the house-elf is still at Hogwarts, and she never got over her addiction to Butterbeer.
9. House Elves were first employed by Helga Hufflepuff to keep them from getting abused. - Oh, Dobby...
10. The tale of the Deathly Hallows was based on The Pardoner's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer. - *Goes to buy a copy!*
11. Sirius Black and Fred Weasley, two tricksters from different generations, both died laughing. - *Sobs uncontrollably!* Our hearts...
12. Rowling killed Hedwig because it represented the loss of innocence and security. - Her fate marked the end of Harry's childhood.
13. Barty Crouch Jr. saw Snape as one of his enemies, which he shouldn't have if Snape's allegiance is with the Death Eaters. - While Barty Crouch Jr. was pretending to be Mad-Eye Moody, he was wearing a Foe-Glass which shows the possessor's enemies. In this case, Crouch saw Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Severus Snape. But if Snape was a death eater, he would not have been Crouch's enemy.
14. Dumbledore's boggart shape is the corpse of his sister, Ariana. - Poor Dumbledore.
15. Harry and Voldemort are actually related. - Okay, so it's only very distantly related but Harry is a descendant of Ignotus Peverell, one of the three brothers who created the Deathly Hallows, as he inherits Ignotus' cloak of invisibility. In the 6th book, Harry sees Voldemort's grandfather, Marvolo Gaunt, in the pensieve, flaunting a ring adorned with the Peverell coat of arms and then stating that the Gaunts are descendants of the Peverell family.
16. Although it wasn't explicitly said in the books, Remus was killed by Antonin Dolohov and Tonks was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange. - And we'll never forgive them for it.
17. Students who take more than five minutes to be sorted by the Sorting Hat are called 'Hatstalls.' - Notable hatstalls include Minerva McGonagall (between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw) and Peter Pettigrew (Slytherin and Gryffindor).
18. Arthur Weasley was supposed to die. - Yep, Rowling wasn't happy enough with taking Fred from us and wanted Arthur too. Thankfully she changed her mind on this one!
19. Harry loses his ability to speak Parseltongue. - Harry was only able to speak Parseltongue because he had a part of Voldemort inside him. When Voldemort died, Harry's ability to speak to snakes did too.
20. If Dumbledore had a Muggle song playing at his funeral, Rowling said it would be "My Way" by Frank Sinatra. - Random, but we can see this happening!
21. The first thing Ron did after he and Hermione found her parents in Australia and restored their memories, was ask her father for permission to marry her. - Ron Weasley, you old romantic.
22. Moaning Myrtle's full name was Myrtle Elizabeth Warren. - What a fancy name for such an annoying character.
23. Snape is the only 'Death Eater' able to produce a patronus. - All down to his love for Lily, of course. Always <3
24. Dumbledore was in love with Gellert Grindelwald. - J.K. revealed this on Pottermore, but quite frankly we believe this relationship should have a whole book written about it.
25. The Elder Wand is the only known wand to contain hair from the Thestral. - A Thestral is a magical creature that can only be seen by those who have witnessed death.
26. Voldemort is incapable of love (which Dumbledore believes will conquer all). - This is because he was conceived under a love potion.
27. The day Harry and Ron saved Hermione from the troll is the day they became friends. - It also happens to be the ten year anniversary of Harry's parents' death.
28. The epilogue (and Harry Potter And The Cursed Child) are set in 2017. - So get your wands ready for next year. Mischief managed!
Written by Eve MacDonald
Featured Image Credit: Warner Bros.